Monday, January 29, 2007

Character Assassination - Conservative Style

I see that the CPoC has their attack ads about Dion up. (I'm not going to link to that pile of spewage - it's easy enough to find if you really want to see them)

My own feeling is that it's a case of the "emperor's new clothes" (the Conservative lack of real policy on matters such as the environment) combined with an attempt to distract Canadians from the ineptitude of the CPoC on this matter.

Frankly, I'll sit back and see what unfolds, but I'm not going to be persuaded about Dion's merits by a bunch of advertisements - from either side.

[Update 18:00]
I see that the Conservatives are stuck in opposition mode. Instead of actually presenting real policy and direction, the CPoC seems to be insistent that "it's all the Liberal's fault". I see that Harper and Co. still haven't figured out that governing actually means doing something. As it turns out, the "nothing" that the Liberals had done is actually a lot of programs that the Conservatives immediately cut when they took office - and are now resurrecting piecemeal under the pressure of public opinion.

As I said earlier, it would seem our Conservative emperors have no clothes.
[/Update]

No comments:

Collective Punishment

Ever since Pierre Poilievre opened his mouth and declared that Trans Women need to be banned from washrooms and locker rooms , there's b...