Monday, November 27, 2006

Harper and The TheoCons - Reprise

Via Evilscientist, I came across this article on CBC, which is a story about Garth Turner and his observations of how Stephen Harper runs things.

I agree entirely with what Evilscientist wrote, but I wanted to add a few bits of my own thoughts - because I cued on a couple of other aspects of the article as significant:

Earlier this year, Turner took part in a TV debate with Charles McVety, an evangelical leader who has been a driving force in the fight against same-sex marriage.

The MP says there was a telling moment in that debate when McVety looked at him and said: "You know what? I can pick up the phone and call Harper and I can get him in two minutes. It's going to take you a month."

Turner paused.

"I think he's right."


Consider this - McVety is not elected, he's not a registered lobbyist (that I know of at any rate), but he has better access to the PMO than many MPs? (Even accounting for Garth Turner's status as a relative outcast, this is unacceptable)

1 comment:

evilscientist said...

I also cued into that, it's just another sign of how totally unaccountable Harper and co. really are. They're running the federal government the way Ralph ran the Alberta provincial government: highly secretive and from the top down.

Harper's problem is that he has to win votes OUTSIDE of Alberta. He's doing his dangest to push the voters away.

The Cass Review and the WPATH SOC

The Cass Review draws some astonishing conclusions about the WPATH Standards of Care (SOC) . More or less, the basic upshot of the Cass Rev...