Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Dear "Jermo Sapiens"

I will not publish comments that contain ad hominem attacks or name calling.

Calling someone a fascist or otherwise attacking them personally for their positions is disrespectful, rude and crass.

Respectful debate of ideas, on this blog, is welcome and encouraged. I don't expect my readers to agree with me. Anonymous was being quite appropriate in challenging my position, and I respect that.

Debate is not a matter of win or lose - often times it simply reaches a point where it is going to go in circles with neither side giving any ground. I saw that pattern evolving with that discussion, and I chose to end it at that point.

You are welcome to come back when you are willing to act in a more thoughtful and mature fashion.

Comment Policy: My blog, my policy - deal with it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, your readers ought to agree with you. Ad hominem attacks have no place in debate or discussion. You discuss the idea, not the person. Perhaps too many are used to unmonitored Web lists where ad hominems are the norm and thus no real discussion ever takes place, just flame wars.

Collective Punishment

Ever since Pierre Poilievre opened his mouth and declared that Trans Women need to be banned from washrooms and locker rooms , there's b...