A while ago, someone started up a site called How'd They Vote, to track the voting of our parliamentarians on various bills and motions before the House of Commons.
When I was researching my last post, I went there to check on Harper's voting record on C-484 and found nothing. It was as if any record of C-484 had been expunged from their database...which is very strange considering when I wrote this piece, it was there.
It seems strange indeed that Bill C-484 would have vanished utterly when other Private Member's business is clearly still in the database - including other bills that the house voted on March 5, 2008.
I'm afraid this sudden omission raises serious questions in my mind about the usefulness of 'howdtheyvote' as a credible source of information.
A progressive voice shining light into the darkness of regressive politics. Pretty much anything will be fair game, and little will be held sacred.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Calgary-Shaw By-Election: Don't Get Too Confident
First, congratulations to newly-elected MLA Kyle Campbell. The win was decisive enough to not need a judicial recount, and to some degree ...
-
Running around the internet, and speaking in various venues is a somewhat rare creature by the name of Walt Heyer who claims to be an ...
-
I woke up this morning to CBC's Jason Markusoff and The Toronto Star's Richard Warnica talking about Alberta separatism on the Front...
-
The CPC is polling just a hair below 30% , and Pierre Poilievre's "favourability" as next PM is now tied with "Undecided...
2 comments:
There is a link to the official record for the bill from howdtheyvote.ca which does list Harper as voting in favor.
What bugs me is that the MP records are clearly incomplete and inconsistent with reality.
Post a Comment