Friday, August 15, 2008

Perhaps There Is An Election In The Wind

When I got home the other day, I found about the first attempt at communication from MP Jason Kenney that I've seen all year.

It looked rather like one of these - with only minor differences. There's no doubt a half dozen variations or so of these that printed up, and the Harper Party MPs are spamming their constituencies with them. (and the constituencies of other MPs as well)

I'm actually a little annoyed with this particular piece of garbage because it's basically campaign literature, and its being created and distributed on my dime as a taxpayer. It tells me nothing about what the Conservative Government has accomplished in the last few months, nothing about what my MP has been doing.

I realize that this is just the HarperCon$ trying to borrow a page from the Bush Jr. Republicans - namely never actually stopping their campaign for next election - whenever it should be.

However, not only is this an abuse of taxpayer funds, I think it tells me a great deal about the limitations of the Stephen Harper Party as a government. You cannot govern effectively when your focus is on the next election campaign. It's sort of like trying to run a company by focusing on the next Christmas party for the staff. You tend to lose focus on the issues that actually matter.

No comments:

Trans Athletes ...

So, wayyyy back in 2021, I wrote a piece pointing out that a lot of the arguments about whether transgender athletes (and particularly trans...