Friday, October 05, 2007

So, What ARE The Con$ Hiding?

After months of stonewalling on the part of the Ministry of Truth Defense, Denis Coderre has shelled out from his own budget to pay for a trip to Afghanistan to see what's going on over there.

"I'm the official critic. I'm the critic of the Official Opposition of Her Majesty. It's important for me to do my job," he told CBC News.

Coderre said he will meet with aid groups and hopes to speak to Canadian military officers.


If Canada's oh-so-accountable Con$ervative government are truly being up front with Canadians, why do we find this response coming from Mackay?:

"Mr. Coderre is engaged, in my view, in a dangerous and elaborate stunt, a publicity stunt on his part," MacKay said, arguing that troops in Afghanistan could be put in unnecessary danger if Coderre were kidnapped and they had to try to save him.

"It's irresponsible. It puts people at risk. It puts soldiers at risk."

Coderre said he wouldn't have to travel on his own if the government made it easier for MPs like him to visit Afghanistan.


Frankly, after the BushCo-like photo-op riddled visits of this government's ministers to Afghanistan, I think I'll be quite looking forward to hearing what Coderre finds and reports when he returns. The tight leash that Harper has placed on the stories coming back from Afghanistan smacks of propaganda and political interference.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't help but think that Peter Mackay is the CUNNING STUNT! But then, I'm dislexic.

Collective Punishment

Ever since Pierre Poilievre opened his mouth and declared that Trans Women need to be banned from washrooms and locker rooms , there's b...