Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Dear Anonymous Commenter:

I don't know who you are, and frankly I don't really care.

I have previously described my comment policy - go read it.

If you want me to publish your opinions, then they better be on topic and not filled with whiny complaints about me, or whether I choose to publish it or not. (I will not publish such comments)

If your opinions are so wondrously valuable, go start your own blog - you can publish anything you like there for all the world to see. Anything you post here is subject to my judgment as to whether it is worth allocating space to.

My blog, My policy - deal with it.

[Update 30/10/08]
To the anonymous whiner whose comments I will not post:

(1) You are free to start your own blog. I am not obliged to publish anything you write here. I am not restricting your freedom of speech - any more than stopping vandals spray painting a building is suppressing their 'freedom of speech'.

(2) It's spelled "Farce", not "farse"

(3) My reasons for maintaining a degree of anonymity are my own. If you don't like it, that's too bad.

(4) Have a nice life.
[/Update]

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn Sounds like you are pissing off the Red neck, gun-luvin Alberta Klan....tut tut.


Tough job, but somebody's got to do it....and you are doing it so well.. keep it up,my friend!

Anonymous said...

Stop the censorship. Approve all unless they're hateful to a defined group (i.e. race, gender, sexual orientation).

MgS said...

Anonymous @11:37:

As stated earlier - my blog, my policy - deal with it.

If your opinions are so astonishingly insightful, then go start your own blog - I'm not stopping you.

Beyond that, I won't publish comments that I believe are taking the level of discourse down.

Anonymous said...

Dear anonymous @ 11:37.

Why don't you go ahead and publicly post your full name, address, phone number, and IQ. I promise you won't receive any harassing mail or visits.......

I believe mgs was being to polite, why don't you go play handball on the 401.......

SB

MgS said...

Actually, I'm pretty sure "anonymous" is a low grade troll supporter of Chandler I've seen before - he's coming in on a Government of Alberta IP.

In comments I won't publish, he's demanded that I post under my full identity - ironic, coming from a troll posting anonymously.

quixote said...

An anonymous poster who doesn't like you promises that he won't use your full identity for nefarious purposes. He seems completely trustworthy.

And did you know that random Nigerian princes want to cut you in on their countries profits! It's a win-win proposition!

MgS said...

quixote:

SB (anonymous @ 7:53) was referring to the troll post @ 11:37 (who has demanded that I post my full identity in less polite correspondence)

Collective Punishment

Ever since Pierre Poilievre opened his mouth and declared that Trans Women need to be banned from washrooms and locker rooms , there's b...