If that conjures up horrifying images of piling your car into a post, that's what it's supposed to provoke.
I was starting my analysis of the various party platforms for the Alberta Election tonight, and when I went to the Alberta PC's, I was rather, well stunned.
Stelmach's "policy statements" page is entirely backwards looking. It drones on endlessly about the miraculous spending that "Ed the Money Fairy" has been sprinkling about the province in the last few weeks, not so much on the question of just what his party will do for Albertans in the future.
Not an auspicious beginning to an election campaign - especially for an incumbent party.
*Sigh* I'll check back there later when (perhaps) they have actually bothered to try and provide some kind of forward looking vision.
A progressive voice shining light into the darkness of regressive politics. Pretty much anything will be fair game, and little will be held sacred.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Honest Conservative is an Oxymoron in Canada
Way back in the 90s, Preston Manning admonished Reform party candidates as follows: " Don't tell voters what you really believe, ...
-
Running around the internet, and speaking in various venues is a somewhat rare creature by the name of Walt Heyer who claims to be an ...
-
I woke up this morning to CBC's Jason Markusoff and The Toronto Star's Richard Warnica talking about Alberta separatism on the Front...
-
The CPC is polling just a hair below 30% , and Pierre Poilievre's "favourability" as next PM is now tied with "Undecided...
2 comments:
Don't hold your breath, the Tories haven't had a forward looking idea since Lougheed.
See as how the majority of the Cons have their wallets in a back pocket it is very difficult to look forward when ones attention is focused on stuffing your wallet.
Post a Comment