Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Shorter Stephen Harper ...

To anyone who is a part of a minority population:

Screw off!

After Maurice Vellacott has repeatedly demonstrated that he is ignorant, bigoted and narrow minded.

On police abusing Natives - well the police were too harshly judged.

On Supreme Court justices, Mr. Vellacott is perfectly willing to put words in other people's mouths to support his assertions.

and on the topic of SGM, he's demonstrated ignorance of the law, Canada's History and the fact he's a narrow-minded twit.

Now, I realize that Harper can't afford to punt Vellacott out of caucus, but he certainly should take the symbolic step of asking Vellacott to step aside as chair of the Native Affairs and Northern Development committee. By backing Vellacott, Harper is signalling to Canada just how rigid he really is - and how powerful the wingnut factions of his party really are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even Shorter...

"If you disagree with me, I will muzzle you. Do not contradict me in public - or ever. Worship me as a god for I am always right, and your opinions, thoughts and impressions have no business in government if they do not agree with those that I hold. For I am a wingnut, but a wingnut in power."

And that can sum up his reign nicely - OOPS! Well, I guess I'm just relying on MY Crystal ball here, but there is an old saying about leopards and their spots, which seems to apply here...

The Cass Review and the WPATH SOC

The Cass Review draws some astonishing conclusions about the WPATH Standards of Care (SOC) . More or less, the basic upshot of the Cass Rev...