Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Bye, Bye Maurice

Unsurprisingly, it got a little too warm for Maurice Vellacott once people started to scrutinize his positions on things.

Mr. Vellacott has gone out of his way to tell everybody where he stands on various topics, and to act all shocked and outraged by the furore that he created is ridiculous.

In his statement, Mr. Vellacott demonstrates one of my favourite complaints with the CPC - the "it's not my fault" syndrome:

Regrettably, I see displayed a more reckless partisan nature by the Liberals on the Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Committee than I have in all my 9 years as a Member of Parliament.


He then turns around - after rambling on interminably about all sorts of things, and ends off with the following whine:

On the surface, it appears that my views on the necessity of judicial restraint by Chief Justice Beverley McLachlin and the other judges on the Supreme Court precipitated the non-confidence motion. However, in recent days, other issues have been pointed out in which I have attempted to give voice to the voiceless and vulnerable. I have no regrets about speaking out for equal justice for aboriginals, proportionate justice for policemen Ken Munson and Dan Hatchen, and basic justice for expectant women and their pre-born children.


Like most of the wingnut factions of the CPC, not only does Vellacott think that he has a monopoly on being right, he can't possibly begin to understand that others might see him for what he is - inflexible, narrow and amazingly bone-headed.

Of course, I will add Maurice's website to my list of nutcases to watch - he'll serve as a very interesting barometer of the extremist elements of the CPC, I'm sure.

No comments:

The Cass Review and the WPATH SOC

The Cass Review draws some astonishing conclusions about the WPATH Standards of Care (SOC) . More or less, the basic upshot of the Cass Rev...